How to Enter
- Download the WidgetFX 1.2 SDK
- Develop a desktop widget that runs in WidgetFX
- Submit your widget to the Widget Library
- 1st Place: 12 Free Books (1 per month for a year)
- 2nd Place: 3 Free Books
- 3rd Place: 1 Free Book
Available selection of books includes any Alpha or eBook found on Apress' website in electronic format. Prizes awarded must be redeemed within one year of the end of the contest period.
Contest Guidelines and Rules
- All entries must be written in JavaFX 1.2 and run in the WidgetFX 1.2 Container
- Entries must run on JRE 1.6u13, Windows Vista. Additional platform support will be considered in judging.
- Widgets must be submitted to the Widget Library and labeled with a tag of contest.
- Entries must be configured to deploy and run via a Web Start link.
- Source code must be made available and remain accessible for the duration of the judging period.
- All widgets and submitted documentation must be the original work of the entrant, be written in English, and much not infringe upon third-pary intellectual property.
- All entrants must be of a majority legal age in their country.
- Contest begins June 5th at 11:50AM PDT
- Contest ends on August 31st at 11:59PM PDT
- Judging will occur between September 1-13
- Winners will be announced the week of September 14th
- Effective use of WidgetFX features and APIs.
- Practical utility of the widget as a pervasive prescence on the user's desktop.
- Broad use of JavaFX libraries and APIs.
- Technical difficulty of implementation.
- Community features of the widget that tie in with social networking or online services.
- Originality of the submitted widget.
- Quality of widget functionality and dock integration.